New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 64
   Posted 4/2/2009 3:57 PM (GMT -7)   
Hello All-
I had my c scopy on monday and visually everything looked good but the gastro did take 14 biopsies so I am awaiting the results. Have you had c-scopes that looked good initially but showed issues on the biopsies? I am more than a little frustrated as I am back on the prednisone and still having to infuse nightly thru my PICC line to avoid dehydration. I am trying desperately to get in with a new gastro. When I told my current one about my food coming out whole in my stool, his response was "huh.. thats kinda weird.. " .. not very comforting.. if it wasnt for this board I would have lost my mind already. He also thought it was time to pull the PICC and get me off the pred- an immediate taper of 5 mg a week.. i basically refused... i am just barely stable and not even that.. still having pain and nightly diarrhea to the point of dehyration but he thinks that since i am not going 5x a day, I need to taper. If I could get to the point where I am not dragging an IV pole around nightly then I would taper but I am so afraid that I will deteriorate again.
thanks for listening.
40 year old female- Diagnosed with Crohns in 2000. Currently on Colazaal 950 mg, prevacid 30 mg, prednisone. Also diagnosed with ibs.

Regular Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 229
   Posted 4/2/2009 4:53 PM (GMT -7)   
Well, I havent had many issues with biopsies and my colonoscopies, but I have had, and currently am, experiencing issues where my GI did a colonoscopy, says it looked OK and wants me to taper entocort and maybe other maintenance meds, even though I am having symptoms. Also, food coming out whole should have provoked further questioning on his part. Maybe taking digestive enzymes might help alittle bit? Either way, I am currently in the process of switching GI's due to similar reasons. I would probably recommend it in your case too, or at least get a second opinion. As people told me on here, I will tell you, that if you don't trust your doctor with his decisions then switch. I haven't seen my new GI, but I am already a bit less stressed that i've made up my mind to fire my old GI. Hopefully someone with more experience with PICC lines and stuff will respond. Hang in there and use your 'gut' feeling with your pred dose, just don't forget the calcium supplements.

Regular Member

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 86
   Posted 4/2/2009 5:02 PM (GMT -7)   
i am going for one myself on the 10th of this month have not had one in a few year so a bit nervous so hope everything goes ok
im a 40 yr old woman who has CD since 1993..
current medication is pentassa and purinethol.

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, December 15, 2017 7:19 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,905,688 posts in 318,882 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 158238 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, confused132.
271 Guest(s), 10 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
NicHostetler, John_TX, LymeSick 🌟, Worriedsicked, tickbite666, Lynnwood, Herophilus, PA_grandma, Steve n Dallas, iPoop