I'm very close to that myself and reading this thread has been helpful. I have an unhealed abscess as well as out of control flare for 2.5 years. The only thing that's helped is steroids. I am giving Cimzia a couple months after I get off this steroid taper (next month or so) and if it doesn't work, I'm in for the temp ostomy for healing and maybe even just a little longer until something else comes along.
I am supposed to go in for another seton placement myself in a week (my surgeon is out of town). I am just SO tired of feeling like this all the time. I need a break.
Best of luck with your decision. It's a hard one for me but I somehow realize that if I just go for it, I'll be thankful to feel decent and be healing.
--40 year old female, dx as UC in '04 (1st symptoms in '03), switched to Crohn's in '05, 1 fistula, crohn's colitis, limited to large intestine --rejected (reaction/didn't work): Asacol, AZA, 6-MP, MTX, Remicade, Humira, prednisone
--Prochymal in Phase III study (can't wait til it's approved!)
--started Tysabri 3/21/08 => STOPPED 10/3/08 not enough response
--currently taking budesonide suppositories, 3mg at night. Started Cimzia first dose 2/10/09. Dx Osteoporosis 10/08 started Forteo 1/27/09
--single mom to 11-yr-old girl