I went to see the inf. disease dr. today and she thinks my PG is trying to develope a secondary infection, so back to the IV antibiotics. I just don't know when I'm going to get the upper hand on this thing! This means daily trips to the IV infusion center, AGAIN before I can go to work. She cultured it and we should know what bacteria this time is trying to take hold. She has deferred to the Derm. dr for the wean down on the steroids, and I don't see her until next Tues. I really like the derm dr and am glad to have her handling the roids. The plan now is to go down 5 mg a week instead of 10 mg, so at 65 mg now it will take 13 WEEKS to get off them. I don't know if my body can take another (it's already been 10 weeks-500 mg and down) 3 1/2 months of this!!! I'm trying to not get defeated about
the IVIG, but I can't see that it has done very much, except make me unbelievably fatigued. She did start me back on IV Lasix also to try and help with the puffiness( nice way of saying my face and neck are about
to explode). I'm done ranting for now, I'll let ya'll know how it's going. Thanks for letting me vent!
love to all,
diagnosed CD '03 after suffering for 10 yrs.
re-section surgery '05, Chronic Pancreas problems, joint and muscle issues (from Remicade), diagnosed March '09 pyoderma gangrenosum
meds been on-Asacol, Pentasa, Lialda, Remicade, Humira, 6-MP, Methotrexate, Rowasa, Prednisone, too many pain meds to list
Currently on-Cimzia, Cymbalta, Reglan, Pamine Forte, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Probiotics, Phenergan, Omeperazole, and Klonopin(RLS) (IV Vancomycin, Fortaz, Solumedrol, and Lasix)