Neither my GI or rheumy have been able to get Humira approved weekly for any of their patients. They say it's the insurance companies that are fighting it. So, you aren't alone, ISF. As for them not wanting to ship the Humira if you are switching, some docs want you to wait a month in between Humira or Cimzia and Remicade. When I did a clinical trial for Cimzia, I had to be off of the Remicade for one month first. Now, when switching from Cimzia to Humira, they only made me wait the normal 2 weeks. So, it depends on the doctor and possibly the insurance company as well, but you should have a little lapse in between the two, even though that may make things worse at first.
Crohn's Disease, Acid Reflux/Gastritis, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Endometriosis, Arthritis, Depression/Anxiety. Too many meds to list them all. =)