Missed my DR Appt....

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 211
   Posted 12/17/2009 4:28 AM (GMT -7)   
Well, I was feeling really crappy yesterday and missed my DR appt.  I called and she told me that he is going on holiday and I can't get in again until mid Jan.  It was my understanding that after the ER visit I was going to be in the works for Remicade--the preappoval and such. I found out that it is NOT in the works at all!!!!  The DR uped my imuran to 100 mg/endocort to 3 a day and was going to see me today to see about Remicade.  I am telling you all that in the ER that morning he said Remicade was the best option and I agreed with him!!!!  I don't undersand why it isn't in the works!  I am going to be on shutdown from my job over the holidays and was hoping to get at least one treatment in!  I am frustrated, however I am wondering if Gods plan isn't for me to focus on my dietary needs.  I am on track about 60% of the time as far as diet goes--that leaves 40% that could make a HUGE difference.  SO.....here I sit with the DR to call me about the situation along with an increased immuran and endocort dose.  I am going to make the effort even over the holidays to work with my body on the dietary side of things--maybe by mid Jan I won't need the Remicade??!! 
Thank you all for reading my little temper tantrum:)

37/f   proud single mom of 2

Diagnosed with GERD/Acid Reflex 2002

Diagnosed with IBS 2007

Diagnosed with Arthritis 2007

Diagnosed with UC, then Crohn’s 2007

Diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder 2008


Starting on REMICADE probably within the next mo.

Current medications: Asacol 2 tablets 3X daily, Imuran 50 mg daily,Endcort 3mg 3X daily, Pentasa 2 500mg caps 2X daily, Prilosec 20 mg 2X daily (if needed), .05 mg Zanax (if needed) Probiotics, Calcuim/Mag/Vit.D. Flinstones multi with Iron and Vit. C 500mg daily

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, November 19, 2017 8:56 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,895,339 posts in 317,787 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 157391 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Peachy3.
320 Guest(s), 7 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
RedLabel, gatorbear, Mergirl, ks1905, Alex26, fiddlecanoe, LeonardR

About Us | Advertise | Donate
Newsletter | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer
Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest
©1996-2017 HealingWell.com LLC  All Rights Reserved.