First - I want to thank those of you who responded to my first post to this board.
Second - I wanted to let you know that the HalfLytely prep was not nearly as bad as I expected. For those of you who have to do it in the future . . . here are some tips I used:
1. I only had breakfast (plus a liquid diet) yesterday, even though my scope is not scheduled until Wednesday (two days of fasting)
2. I chilled the concoction over night, and I used ice in the drink (but I did not let it melt).
3. Before and after each drink, I sucked on a lemon.
4. I used two straws at the same time to get the stuff down quickly.
5. I drank 4-5 ounces each time, but took only 5-minute breaks, which allowed me to finish it in 1.5 hours.
I almost puked twice, but I was able to keep everything down. Now I am just having the clear watery movements.
While I certainly would not order the stuff at a bar or for an after-dinner drink, the lemon/lime flavor was not nearly as horrible as I expected. Also, having to drink only half the volume of golytely made this much more tolerable.
Good luck to all who must do it in the future - but it is do-able!
Now, i just hope for decent test results!