Well... you are already addressing the situation. The right meds for a heavy flare.
I feel for you. I was in the same situation an year and a half ago, missing a marriage (and I was going to be the best man!!) stuck in a hospital bed with steroids and cipro (i'm allergic to flagyl).
If you was doing so well with your 5-asa, it is unlikely that you will need a surgery right away (not may case, as you can read below). Just wait the things calm down, and then, try to pay atention to get a low residum diet. You are in a good country to eat good food!
Try to relax and "enjoy" your forced rest. It's what I do, anyway.
Male, 35 (lovely family of wife and two daughters)
Diagnosed in nov/94 - Started with Prednisone, followed by Pentasa, entocort, flagyl, Imuran, Cipro, etc.
Blockage (popcorn!!) - First Surgery 2001 (no ressection)
Severe bleedind - 2003 - Stopped by 60mg of Prednisone
Stricture leading to a ressection in Dec/2008 - Second Surgery
Now on Remicade +
100 75mg Imuran + Iron (doc said i'm in remission, but I'm not sure at all)