Hi everyone, after being in the hospital two times in the last three months, I have decided I must start thinking about a resection. My doc doesn't fully agree because I haven't used Remicade and Humira yet, but I'm sick and tired of medicines, and now, even with 35 mg of pred, I still don't feel good. Plus I'm so anxious everytime I eat that something is going to get stuck in there. I just want to feel normal again, even if it's just for 2 years.
I'm thinking on visiting a surgeon and get a 2nd opinion about surgery, but I'd like to do it in September, so that my family doesn't miss the summer holidays, plus I don't have anyone to help with my kids until September, and my husband is working full time.
Are there any ways of avoiding obstructions through this time? We know for sure that the stricture is approx. 30 cm long, but what we don't now is how thick it is. Last time I had tests, this part was very thick, but it was also inflammed, so they don't really know how much of it is scar tissue, although the doc is certain that most of it is scar tissue.
Don't get me wrong, I'm scared of surgery, anesthesia and the possibility of not waking up. I cry about it every night, and this does not help my symptoms. I'm starting being paranoid about how many times I have gas, and even a small pain can make me nervous about going to the hospital.
Thank you for your support,