-The prednisone is evil. He said he has run into patients that struggle with withdrawal, and he runs into those who feel like they are 90 coming off of it-dr said that would be me. I have to push through this and once I do, that will lead to our major answer. He does want me to slow down even further and let my adrenal glands catch up. I am currently down to 3mg.
- my mri on Monday was a double contrast and it made me really sick..and put me into so much physical pain. The results showed that I continue to have chronic inflammation in my ileum which is why the D continues. if I don't show improvement in a month or two I will have to come back for a colonoscopy.
- the reason I had a heart problem was in fact the remicade. The reason being is that some patients who receive the higher dose react to the mouse protein and their body fights it.. short explanation for the heart problems I had. They can premedicate me before my dosage and see if that helps.
- the other thing they tested was how fast my body neutralizes the remicade.. it may not be lasting long enough.
- the rheumy saw me Tuesday and saw how much pain I was in. He took xrays of my hands and wrists which showed degenerative conditions.. so he sent me back down for xrays of my lower half. He is not sure if it is crohn's or something else. He would not discuss until he gets all my results back. He will be conferencing with the gi dr and this afternoon I go back to discuss.
- the rheumy is trying to decide if adding azathioprine/ sulfasalazine to my meds would help with the joint pain. the celebrex is clearly not helping my crohn's. He is going to look into other pain meds as well. I was tested for everything...including gout, lupus and ra.. all negative.
I keep reading all the posts on crohn's and arthritis...so very common yet so many of us are in so much pain... hoping today brings answers
on a different note...we are stuck up here.. all roads to our house in Iowa are closed...LOL.. gotta laugh.. hubby was so worried about
being stuck up here and instead we are stuck out of iowa..
hugs to all.
Not sure if I am any closer to an answer or if I am learning that patience is needed with this disease.
Post Edited (junerainbow) : 2/3/2011 8:24:10 AM (GMT-7)