Hello and thank you everyone for your support. I have had a really bad weekend and it has caused so much stress on me that I have been running back and fourth to the bathroom again with having D again :-(. I went to counseling Thurday night and I told her what was going on (me being pregnant). Long story short, she says right away that I will have to discontinue the use of my xanax (I have taken for about
10 years for anxiety/panic attacks). I told her I didn't have to discontinue it with my last 2 pregnancies (my kids are 5 and 6 now). I have been going to this same counseling place since 2004 and have always seen the same psychiatrist who has given me my script
s for xanax but the counselor I have only been seeing a couple of years. Anyway, the counselor asks me who prescribed the xanax to me when I was pregnant before and I told her my psychiatrist and she kept saying "are you sure". By this time my anxiety has kicked into full gear and I started crying because I couldn't understand what was going on. She said their head boss is VERY strict about
not medicating pregnant women and she doesn't know how my doctor there did it. She looks through the file and see's my doctor didn't hide the fact that she prescribed it to me and even writes about
what was happening with both pregnancies. The counselor seemed shocked and said maybe the doctor spoke to her boss about
it and for me to calm down and she left a message with my doctor (psychiatrist) to call her back.
Long story short, next morning (friday) she calls me and says the head Doctor will not let me get the prescription anymore. I was in total shock because I have been on it for so long, having to go through withdrawl will be hell for me and the baby, and the crohns is going to flare. I brought all this up and she agreed and she said she had patients to see but will call me back after she spoke to her supervisor. I waited all day crying and stressing just to get a call saying I have to wait till tuesday because she couldn't get in touch with her supervisor. She couldn't seem to say anything positive to reassure me for the next for days and I have been under so much stress. I am having D again and I can't stand it, I am not sure if its the stress or because my Remicaid infusion is coming up. I feel like I am getting another rectal abcess, I lost my appitite because I am so anxious, and I haven't been sleeping . I just can't believe all this is going on right now.
Could the D be because my infusion is coming up this Thursday? I have seton drains in so I started to soak and I hope that takes care of it. I don't know if all this is happening from stress or brcause it's time for my infusion.
I spoke with someone (today) from a research place for drugs and pregnancy and they took all my info and called me back this evening with good news and even said I can give any doctor their number so they can speak to them and they can tell them what they told me. They also informed me that the FDA is going to be changing the classes of medication (or how they do it) this year or next. She told me according to my history that its better for me to stay on the xanax as opossed to trying to taper off. They have no studies of birth defects with humans and the ones they did with animals where very high doses of the medication (nothing close to what I'm taking). I just pray the head doctor understands he will be putting me and the baby at a great risk by stopping my medication. I have tried every medication under the sun and either had bad reactions or they didn't work so Xanax is all that will help me :-(.
Sorry for such a long post again everyone, I just really need people who understand what I am going through.
Thank You Clonehead for the link it was very helpful and thank you to everyone for all your support.