Haven't posted in a while but am in need of advice. My crohns has come back and i have a pretty bad stricture at the anastomosis site from last surgery. Got a good 10 years med free from last surgery so i have been very lucky. It's looking like my only options will be surgery or maybe Humira which i have been extremely reluctant to take as i am extremely weary of having a supressed immune system.
I am also very keen to start a family with my partner as i am in my early 30s and don't want to leave it too late. So my question is - would i be better off to try Humira and pregnancy, and wait until after the pregnancy for surgery OR would it be better to have surgery first and then pregnancy med free?
I am also keen to hear from anyone whose gotten pregnancy soon after a resection. Are there risks re scar tissue etc. Or is it likely to make the crohns worse after the baby is born, which seems to be when it comes back?
I'm so very confused and time is very precious right now, would really appreciate any advice on this matter.