It was a close call whether I would make it to the hospital or not, what with the desperate weather conditions - all that 3 inches of snow
Seriously, my mum was really trying to put me off going last night and it got irritating. I wasn't prepared to get a taxi (too expensive; don't really trust taxi drivers after me and my mum had a frightening experience with one a few years ago), nor a bus, so that just left driving in. In the end it was a cinch. The roads were almost entirely clear of snow, and the car park was, for the first time ever, half empty. I'm glad I went, even though I had to wait for over 4 hours
for the Ferinject to arrive - been even worse if I'd come in at 8:30am like I was told to!
I was given 500ml of Ferinject over half an hour instead of the recommended 15 minutes, as I was a bit paranoid about
an anaphylactic reaction (based on a past experience, although with a different iron preparation). But absolutely nothing bad happened and I'm going in next Monday for the second dose.
I do think I already feel better for it. It had got to the point where walking was a bit of a nightmare due to getting out of breath so quickly. Well, I'm not exactly a marathon runner but I know I'm not that
unfit. It felt a bit like having a heart condition - it worried me. I can already tell I've got more stamina, so that is good. I can even run up the stairs again :p
The restless legs feel better, too, although won't fully be able to tell until after I've gone to bed.
On a sort of related note, I didn't take my Humira yesterday. And I find myself really, really not wanting to take it anymore. Like other immunesuppressants, all it seems to do is make me feel worse by hammering my bone marrow without even touching the Crohn's. I would've preferred to wait to speak to my consultant about
it, but my February appointment was cancelled and I have no idea when I'll be seeing him next. So basically I'm not prepared to carry on taking a drug that I do not believe is helping my Crohn's and possibly doing me some other harm.