I've been on entocort for 9 days. It is my first time taking it. I still have night sweats and low grade fever. I still awaken at 5am with gas and urgency followed by explosive formed soft, tan bm. If I take 2 immodium I often will not have another BM. Cramps have improved, appetite is sometimes good. Weight loss has stopped. Fatigue is still present.
After 6 days on entocort, GI wanted me to switch to 60 mg of pred. He felt I was not improving enough. I told him I wanted to give it a few more days. I speak to him again tomorrow.
I've been on prednisone 2x--the last time was a year ago. It took about 8-9 days to kick in and took forever to taper. I would like to avoid it--if possible.
Is it time to abandon entocort and take prednisone or should I wait a little longer?
Thanks for sharing your information and opinions. It makes me feel less alone.