Posted 10/11/2013 6:05 PM (GMT -6)
I have a colonoscopy scheduled for later this coming week. The symptoms (proctitis) I had been experiencing seem to be lessening and if this follows like last time I am guessing in the coming weeks I will feel pretty much back to normal. Also, the dr wants me to do this when I am having symptoms. One symptom that seems to go back and forth (and has been for some time now) is pain with BMs. But, again, it can be fine for days and then hurting again. This has been going on for years. I have no idea what I will be experiencing the day of the colonoscopy. I am feeling frustrated on trying to decide what to do. Since I had been diagnosed as having Crohns in other areas I know he wants me to do a follow up (it's been over 4 yrs with symptoms...other than rectally...under control) and when I last saw him a couple of weeks ago he said from an exam he felt no sign of abdominal inflammation. So, I am trying to decide if I should hold off on getting this done (since symptoms are lessening) or do it now. Do you usually go for colonoscopies even without symptoms? Is there a point? Or is this a necessity? Yes, I am a colonoscopy coward, it's true, but I am also not sure if it's wise to do this right now. I know he would tell me I should regardless because of the amount of time that has passed since the last one, but still wondering if I should hold off for now or not. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!