My son's fecal calprotectin is 920. It's too high and our doctor is strongly considering Remicade. However, we are still thinking. I don't want to jump to Remicade. Somehow, my instinct is suggesting Imuran. (I know it sounds silly, but...I hope..you get my point). Doctor has told us to take the decision in a week's time. Meantime, we are going for the second opinion tomorrow at UofM.
I was considering the following options. Need your inputs..
1. To start entocort(budesonide) along with Imuran. As I understand entocort has less side effects and until Imuran kicks in, entocort can help control inflammation. One concern is, his crohn's is only in colon and I understand that entocort works mostly in Ileum (As told by my doctor). Has anyone with Crohn's Colitis have taken entocort? If not entocort, I dont mind him taking prednisone for a short time (until Imuran kicks in)
2. Follow elemental nutrition along with Imuran.
3. Try LDN. Is LDN given for kids? I have not much info about
4. Did anyone try fecal transplant for your kids? Can that be an option too?
5. Take Cipro along with Flagyl and Imuran (until Imuran kicks in). Our doctor rejected Cipro. According to our doctor, our son is too young to take Cipro.
Meantime, my doctor tested him for C-diff again and it's negative. He is slowly reducing weight and his stools are tarry. Does tarry stool mean there's blood in the stool?
I know too many questions. Thanks all for your time and the valuable inputs.
Current medications: 1000g Canasa(at night) 500mg Pentasa 2x a day, 1000 IUD Vitamin D3, 325mg Ferrous sulphate, Flagyl 250mg 2x a day, Prilosec (20mg)
Previous medications: Prednisone
Post Edited (momof8yroldboy) : 9/3/2015 12:17:12 AM (GMT-6)