Posted 6/30/2015 4:16 PM (GMT -6)
So I'm doing pretty good.
Unfortunately, I'm moving across the country.
My next Remicade infusion is on Wednesday July 2 and our move is scheduled for July 14th.
I'm being interviewed for positions, but nothing is guaranteed. And even if I did get a teaching position in my new location, I'm not sure if they'll give me insurance coverage right away or make me wait a month. I know that another school in Arizona offered coverage after 30 days.
So my next Remicade would be around August 13th.
That would be at the 6 week mark.
I can delay it, but I'm not sure 1) how I'll feel and 2) whether or not it's dangerous to delay it.
In the past, I've delayed it for a week and been so so, meaning I have a harder time digesting and my fistula site has a mild ache.
I think I've had to delay my remicade to 8 weeks long ago and didn't like it.
So my question is my subject: how long have you gone between infusions for any reason?
And did you have any problems when you restarted it at a later date?
Right now, I'm considering all my options, but I think that in the end I will make an appointment for an infusion in August. Worst case scenario, I will have to pay out of pocket to fly back to my old city, overnight at a friend's, get the infusion in the morning, and then fly home.
Hopefully, I'll find a cheaper option.
Thanks in advance for your input!