Wow! Thank you everybody!
Finally we went to Children's Hospital today. We live in Canada, and these hospitals are definitely class 1 rated. They listened, made the time to understand, and called our GI to figure out the next course of action.
Sadly, they sent us home.
Apparently our GI is waiting for one of my daughters stool samples to come in with results. Depending on whether it's positive or negative, the next step is either prednisone or an antibiotic. This is what we are waiting for.
I'm quite concerned about
the medication that she is on now after reading many of your posts. She did get WAY, WAY worse after being on this medicine (mesalazine). She was on it for about
6 days, and that's when everything got so bad.
We are waiting for an MRI to check her small intestines, but with the colonoscopy, they believe it is Crohn's because of where in the bowel the ulcers and inflammation are. They did say however that to definitely diagnose, they needed a certain thing in the biopsy that they never got. This is how I understood it. Sorry if this makes no sense. ??
I so appreciate all your replies. I feel like I'm an advocate for my daughter, and all of you, from far and away, are mine. Thank you
Post Edited (LoveMyKiddos) : 9/29/2017 1:34:45 AM (GMT-6)