Thanks for the advice. I have scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician to discuss this issue. It is stressful to have to manage both the disease and side effects. My current GI is sending me to a dermatologist at some point, still waiting to hear back for the appointment date. I mean he is
open to trying something else if I want. I understand that some side effects are manageable, but the change in mental state that I was having is just not worth it when there are other options. I do wish he did take more initiative to order testing for my side effects, since it took two appointments to finally get a referral to a dermatologist. Until then I will hang in there until some relief comes. Many of us know what it's like to be miserable for a while, then get some relief that makes things so much better.
Also I have been on and off biologics since remicade came out without having any issues with effectiveness for my crohn's and no noticable side effects from them until recently. I have been on remicade a few times and humira twice prior to this current flare. I was never on humira for more than a few months until this last flare though. My crohn's does to go into remission with biologics so my past GI's were fine with discontinuing once I was symptom free. I tend to get flares every 5 to 7 years. Diagnosed in '96 at 14 years old. I did try 6mp but that gave me some aches and pains so I stopped that when biologics came out. Of course I've been on prednisone in the past and I have the stretch marks to prove it. Take care everybody.
Post Edited (adubb) : 10/29/2018 7:35:59 PM (GMT-6)