Posted 8/28/2007 6:55 AM (GMT -7)
For the second time this year I find myself in the hospital for my Crohn's. This last Friday I wasn't feeling too good, but what else is new? Then Saturday night things started going downhill fast. Usually when I have a bad day or two my symptoms clear up on their own, but this time they got worse. Luckily I had Sunday off of work, but then Monday rolled along and at 2:50pm I decided enough is enough. I called my GI's office and they scheduled me for a 3:15 appointment for the nurse practitioner. She asked me some questions about my symptoms, called my doctor, and called ahead to the hospital to have me admitted. They got me hooked up to demerol on a PCA, saline solution, and Zophran. For the first time in 3+ days I have relief from my nausea, vomiting, and horrible abdominal pain.
Last night I had a CT scan, and the doc took a look at this this morning and said he can see where it's blocked up, but wants to try high doses of Solu-Medrol to try to clear it up, and only do surgery if that doesn't work. I really didn't want surgery back in Feb, when I was in the hospital last time. This time I am ready to be done with this. I am ready to feel good again.
I had a resection back in '00, but then my doctor moved away form my area, and the new doctor I got took me off maintenance drugs, which, I'm sure, is why I am in this situation.