I am new to posting so forgive me if I do this wrong.
My son is 11 years old and was Dx with CD in May, although he had his first scope a year before. In July he was Dx with spondylitis. He is currently on pentasa, Imuran, Prevecid, Dicliflonec, and was recently on prednisone.
He just spent the last week in the hospital, with sever lower right abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarea. Beacuse his blood tests all came back in the "good" range, the Ped. said that he had probably caught a viral stomach bug, and that we just needed to let it run its course. He was able to come home this weekend and was doing better(little to no pain) and then at 3:00am it hit again. This time the pain was even worse. I took him back to the Dr. and we are now waiting for the lab results to come in. This sucks!!!!! I want my son to be well. Our Gastroenterologist is a six hour drive away so we try to work throgh our local Dr. as much as posssible. I am just don't know when its time to go... when do you begin to say this could be more then a flare? If it is a flare how long do they last? Does the meds he is on mess up the blood tests? Is there anybody else out there with kids that have CD?