My history: I was DX in June. Developed 2 fissures in a period of 2 weeks. They got better after a month of being on meds then they just took a downhill spiral. For the last month it has been unbelievable pain. Razor blades passing everytime I had to go. I finnaly had enough of the creams not working and I called the doctor. She wants me to go for Botox Injections to paralyze the muscle and stop the spasms. I said Great let's go, anything is worth a shot! Well in that same phone call, she prescribed Cipro to see if it would help in the meantime. Well Cipro is working in the sense that my stools are super soft and I don't really have any pain when I go because nothing is stretching. My question is...should I go for the Botox or just wait and see if the Fissures get better?? I don't know how long it would take for these things to close on their own.