nikki and dustspeck....just wanted to say I am right there with you on being "gutless" about
the decision to start 6mp/Imuran (pun intended).
I have read such wonderful things here. My local support group gave me some great input (one had a terrbile reaction to Imuran but has been on 6mp for years now). I feel comfortable more now with the side effects, but I still have that bad feeling in my heart so I put off deciding another 6months.
I also take into account that there are side effects to this disease also. As my Gi says, damage from this disease can be irreparable so that would be a side effect of not taking the meds. Heck I started with a ruptured intestine that was poisoning me to death....I guess chances on imuran are similar to chances of CD attacking me at this point.
Just keep talking and get to your comfort zone with the treatment. I hope it is as good for you as all the stories I hear. I will make my decision over the next 6 months and will probably be looking to you guys then
Dx'd '90 (emergency rupture), symptoms ignored long before that, '03 fistulas and bad flagyl reactions, B12 weekly, Pentasa [until I surrender to the bigger meds]