I am the mother of an 18 month old, and am worried that he may have CF. The reasons I am worried are:
1. Chronic sinus infections (He was on abx therapy half of his first year of life)
2. A lot of resp infections, has bronchitis for the 2nd or third time now, had RSV bad(alb/pulmicort tx for a month+), several bouts with walking pnemonia
3. Weight has dropped to less than 10th percentile(weighs 20 pounds now)
4. Stools are frequent (several in the morning and usu 1 after a meal) and orangeish
5. Behind in some physical development (doesn't walk yet)
The reason I even thought of CF is that a friend at work asked me if his doctor had checked for any underlying cause of his seemilngly constant illness. So at work one night (I'm a CICU RN), I asked a pulmonologists and he mentioned asthma or CF. It hit me that 2 people in a period of hours mentioned CF to me, snd maybe that was a message to check it out!?
Any thoughts you have are appreciated. I may be making a mountain out of a molehill. I want to have my pediatrcian check....but think he might not think it is warranted.
I have learned a lot about CF from this site and all your posts...you all are in my prayers. Whether or not we are touched personally by CF, I will continue to pray for a cure for you all.
Thanks again for any input, it will all be appreciated,
Post Edited (CourtneyDC) : 9/25/2005 9:32:50 PM (GMT-6)