I have been taking it for about 6 months (Lamictal). It has helped me better than the other anti-depressants I have been. Celexa made me emotionally flat, Welbutrin is great for weight loss, but causes irritability (can be used along with others), and a few others. Lamictal so far has been the best for me. BUT I got diagnosed with ADHD and started taking Vyvanse. Vyvanse has been fantastic! I got off Lamictal after the first week of taking Vyvanse, and got severely depressed for 3 days. I started taking it again. I realized quitting it cold turkey was a bad idea. Lamictal is supposed to be the new wonder anti-depressant. I have noticed though while taking Lamictal and Vyvanse together, the Vyvanse seems to lose its potency. Not sure if that occurs with others or not. I am trying to ween off of it (Lamictal), in hopes I won't need it any longer. ADHD meds, I was told, helps with depression as well. So hoping that will be my only drug I will have to take. I do notice Vyvanse drops off at about 11 hours, versus the 14-16 it is supposed to be. It was suggested I take 60% of the dosage in the morning, then about 4 hours later, the other 40% and it will help the drop off. Problem is, mine are in capsule form. Other than breaking it open and measuring it, not sure how to do that. I have noticed that lowering the Lamictal dosage I can feel the effects again from Vyvanse. I do notice with Vyvanse if I start doing something, I can really get going. Multi-tasking, everything! But if I am not doing anything, them memory slips. Not sure if that is just me or not.