Thanks. I may be in denial (joke) but the symptoms on the link you gave (thank you) mostly all match on the depressive side, not the manic side.
Signs and symptoms of depression (or a depressive episode) include:
- Lasting sad, anxious, or empty mood
- Feelings of hopelessness or pessimism
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed, including sex
- Decreased energy, a feeling of fatigue or of being “slowed down”
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
- Restlessness or irritability
- Sleeping too much, or can’t sleep
- Change in appetite and/or unintended weight loss or gain
- Chronic pain or other persistent bodily symptoms that are not caused by physical illness or injury
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
These pretty much sum her up to a tee, and her attitude about over spending is that you only live once, and you will always have bills anyway, so don't worry. That's real denial. We're pretty close to just having enought to pay the bills and not any left over.
The housekeeper came and worked wonders. Wife got up at 6 AM to clean some dishes before the housekeeper came. Dishes were probable 2 weeks behind. Quite awful. Tonight wife actually made a passing thank you to me for getting the housekeeper. Shocked me.
Bottom line is I know I still need help. My vision is we should have a doc come to the house and see what's going on, but I don't know if that is possible or affordable. Otherwise, some sort of M/F counseling, however wife is able to schooze people and I really think people have to enter her world to see what's really happening. Btw, she is seeing a pyciatrst (sp?) and is taking meds, but the doc is basically on a 15 minute per month meeting for $150 and while he was able to wean her on to meds, I believe the meds are making her irritable and nasty.
Thanks for listening, reading, commenting and suggesting. I am taking all your thoughts to heart.
Mild to Moderate Left Side UC since 10/2002, Joint Pain since 10/2004
Strict SCD 7/2004-12/2005
Remission since 9/2004
1500 mg Pentasa, 150 mg Zoloft, 30 mg Baclofen, 10 mg Ambien