Hi there and Welcome to Healingwell,
There are lots of options for you. Some you may have tried and some you might not have thought of... Heres my top 5!
5) Meditation - Meditation is a method of relaxing in a deeper sense. It is good for blocking out stress which in turn helps aleviate depression and other MH issues
4) Exercise - Get the endorphines pumping! Endorphines are associated with a feeling of wellness and typically in depressed people there is a lack of them but exercise can help boost your levels
3) Socialise - Getting a new hobby and joining a club with like minded people (And im not thinking Warcraft here!) is a great way to take time out and have some "you" time which is so important for mental health
2) Keep a diary - Keeping a diary of all your bad thoughts etc... can help by either showing you that there are not as many as you think or (If there are lots) it allows you to think rationally about
them later on. It is also a good source of information for psychologists and other professionals
1) Talk to a medical professional - Your problems may feel silly to you but rest assured thats what doctors are for... he may refer you to a specialist (Psychiatrist / Psychologist / Therapist etc....) but thats how help begins.
Remember, there is NOTHING more important than your mental health.
Everyone has a guardian angel. They help pick you up when you fall, comfort you through your times of need and help you appreciate the times when things are going well.
"A gold medal is a wonderful thing. But if your not enough without it, you will never be enough with it." - Irvine Blitzer (John Candy) in Cool Runnings
Moderator - Epilepsy Forum
Co-Moderator - Depression Forum
Help support the forums so we can support you: https://www.healingwell.com/donate