Posted 2/17/2009 7:19 PM (GMT -6)
Went to my new pdoc, he was very insightful, helpful, encouraging and listened very well.
Wow! It's great to have insurance again. I feel very grateful. He dxed me with Major Depressive Disorder and said I might overlap into BPII but the dx is MDD. I'm on 2 meds and have an appt. with a talk therapist tomorrow. After 6 years with no insurance and using state mental health programs and the rotating Dr. of the week...this was like staying at the Ritz. I love that I'm taking care of myself. I almost didn't go because I didn't want to deal with it but I'm glad I did. There is hope.
Here's how I found a good Pdoc:
1. Got a recommendation for a primary care physician from friend
2. Got primary care physician to recommend this Pdoc
3. Asked another friend for a good Pdoc-and she recommended the same man
4. Kept calling every day to GET an appt through a cancellation as he was booked til May
5. Actually went to appt.
6. Was entirely honest about everything I told him...admitted my drinking binges-alcoholism
7. Made a list of the way I felt over last 2 months and read it to him
8. Prayed to my Higher Power for the appt. to go the way it was supposed to