hello. I am a 14 year old female. since Christmas of 2008, I have been feeling depressed on and off. however, since the end of may it has become increasingly worse, and beginging to become intolerable. I have great supportive parents who love me, but I feel threatened to talk to them about my problems, but I am in severe need of help. if anyone could read my symtoms, and help me to make an unnofficial depression diagnosis, I would be beyond thankful. is there such a thing as night time depression?
1. not currently suicidal, although I constantly think of death
2. takes me hours to fall asleep
3. constantly sad. tolerable during day, intolerable during
4. uncontrolable night time depression
5. sad, alone, confused
6. have self mutilated myself by cutting my forearms on 2 separate occasions
7. family problems/ makes depression worse
8. I think about using drugs to make me happy, though I know I won't
9. loss of interest in sports and friends I once enjoyed
10. EXTREME anger and irritability
11. always think about the past
12. difficulty remember things
13. consant headaches and neck pain
14. if it's not sad depression, 85 percent of the time it's feelings of emptiness
thank you, from the bottom of my heart.