These are some of the lessons we learned from our mothers:
1. Mother taught me to appreciate a JOB WELL DONE:
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside, because I just finished cleaning."
2. Our mothers taught us RELIGION:
"You'd better pray that comes out of the carpet."
3. They taught us about LOGIC.
"Because I said so, that's why."
4. They taught us another lesson about LOGIC:
" If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going with me to the store."
5. She taught us about IRONY:
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."
6. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM:
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
7. They taught us about STAMINA:
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
8. They taught us about WEATHER:
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
9. Mine taught me about HYPOCRISY:
"If I've told you once, I've told you a million times; don't exaggerate."
10. They taught us about the CIRCLE OF LIFE:
"I brought you into this world and I can take you out."
11. She taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION:
"Stop acting like your father."
12. They taught us about WISDOM:
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
13. And one of my favorites about JUSTICE:
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"