Hello, Blue Moon, please permit me to try to calm you a little about
your job and what is going to be expected of you.
1. Most companies (if they are sizeable) are going to have personnel training for new employees. They know that new folks don't know the "ropes", so they bring in their good people to help people get off on the right foot on the job.
2. You're not going to be expected to know the job in two or three weeks, Blue Moon. Sometimes, employers will tell you that it takes five years to train an employee fully in all aspects of the work with the company. Don't hesitate to ask questions; it shows you're interested in learning.
3. If, for some unbelievable reason, you do not encounter training; and if you are given anything like a hard time, you should get out. That's not the kind of organization you want to work for in the first place.
4. If you can calm yourself, by deep breathing, restful thoughts, you'll be much more ready to be taught the work during the next few months--not days--ahead, Blue Moon.
5. Your conscientiousness is a very good clue that you will do well once you have been properly taught. Remember that; they're going to teach you how to do the work. So RELAX and let things fall into line as they will if you let them.
6. For tonight, try to keep your diet light--a big salad with mild dressing, only water to drink; don't eat sugar, drink tea or coffee during the remainder of the evening. Tomorrow morning, have protein of some type for breakfast; it will stabilize your moods better than having carbohydrates will, and you'll feel stronger longer during the morning hours at your job. Watch your diet, Blue Moon. Stay away from the caffeine, sugar, heavy starch diet. Get good protein and fish.
7. Read something calming tonight:your bible, other meditative material or poetry--something to get your mind off the fear, which is really unrealistic.
Take care and let everyone know how you are tomorrow night.
Remember, they're going to teach you.
Post Edited (It's Genetic) : 11/27/2011 4:11:23 PM (GMT-7)