Peter has shared the nine ways that mindfulness has helped him on his blog. I wanted to post this on the forum to remind us all to be mindful. It keeps us from worrying about
the future and dwelling on the past. We all need this in our lives. And I feel it is a good way to help fight depression.
1. Be good to yourself, treat yourself with kindness and compassion.
2. Live life with awareness in the present moment.
3. Know yourself, don't let your illness define you.
4. Enjoy the beauty of things as they are, not as you wish they were.
5. Recognize and explore sources of healing, peace, spirituality, and calmness to develop your resilience for the hard times.
6. Seek healing by serving others around you.
7. Surround yourself with people that love, support, and inspire you, especially when facing adversity.
8. Let go of the life you had planned and accept the opportunities and hopefulness of the life that awaits you.
9. Be grateful.
I hope we all can use this as a refernce to remind us to live in the moment.
Moderator-Depression and fibromyalgia
fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue, depression, allergies