I don't usually write on this board, but I would like to ask for some help. about
four years ago in September, I had developed depression with insomnia due to a death in the family. The situation leading up to the dead was a extremely emotional and stressful.
I had been put on Cipralex (10 mg) in the morning and Doxepin (10 mg then 30 mg a little later) in the evening for both depression and insomnia.
I got off Cipralex about
a year ago. I had some difficulty with getting off it. It took me three times to get off the blasted thing. I felt better during the day. I had felt that I didn't need it, and I haven't needed it since. I stayed on the Doxepin, and I had planned to get off of it last August, but I had left a toxic job, which caused a lot of stress. I had to go up to 50 mg to help with my sleep issues, which was caused by the job. I fine for a few months, then I had to go up to 60 mg this winter. I was given the choice by my doctor to up my dose
But I have been dealing with post-job issues in the last couple of months, and then my sleep wasn't coming easily. 70 mg helps me, but I'm worried about
the dependency of this medication. I feel fine during the day, but at night I feel like sleep's a crap shoot.
1. Have I developed chronic insomnia?
2. Is the recent stress causing my sleep issues, thus causing me to up my dosage?
3. How can I prevent myself from being dependent on this medication? Or am I really dependent?
4. How can I prevent weight gain? (I have gained more than twenty pounds in a year. Sometimes I crave carbs so much that it scares me.)
5. Should I consider cognitive sleep therapy? Could that help with me getting off of Doxepin, or at least lower the dose?
Sorry for the long post. I just want to be thorough. I don't know what I should do. I'm concerned about
increasing my dose and being dependent on it. Any help and guidance is really needed.
Thank you for your time and your help.
Post Edited (Sibby) : 5/18/2015 8:33:50 PM (GMT-6)