Posted 5/27/2021 11:04 AM (GMT -6)
PA Grandma, Joyce, use to post on this Depression forum, and for awhile did a column of jokes and words of wisdom. Her last column was 5/1/2018 before she passed away not long after that.
For about a week, I wrote her column for her, which consisted largely of sayings. I came across some quotes from literature recently and they reminded me of the sayings. And they reminded me of Joyce.
The following applies to Joyce:
“A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing, and leaves the sleeper where he lay down, but I wish you to know that you inspired it.”
—Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
1. “Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend”
― Albert Camus
2. “If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain
3. “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
4. Funny quote: “What’s not to love? I made friends with a pretty girl and now we get to plan a castle break-in. This beats the day to day kill, eat and survive.” ― Emilyann Girdner
5. “Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”
― Oscar Wilde
6. “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”
― Allen Saunders
7. “I knew every raindrop by its name.” —Denis Johnson
8. If you want something you’ve never had then you’ve got to do something you’ve never done.
9. They laugh at me because I’m different, I laugh at them because they’re all the same.
10. Opportunity is missed by people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
11. Happiness can't be found , wen u seek It for urself
But wen u give to others , It 'll find its way back to u ...
Dats The Mystery of HAPPINESS...!!
12. Love is friendship set on fire.