Spent the weekend in the country and got some rest. I managed to get through the whole time without crying once...which I haven't done in weeks!
I still feel anxious but not to the point of shear terror anymore. I do have a job interview tomorrow and a possible one later on this week so I hope all goes well because I don't want to have to keep fighting for my unemployment anymore.
I was reading this book this weekend about hope and wanted to share a bit in hopes it might help someone else.
- When we are trapped in a tunnel of misery, hope points to the light at the end.
- When we are overworked and exhausted, hope gives us fresh energy.
- When we are tempted to quit, hope keeps us going.
- When we lose our way and confusion blurs the destination, hope dulls the edge of panic.
- When we struggle with a crippling disease or a lingering illness, hope helps us persevere beyond the pain.
- When we fear the worst, hope brings reminders that God is still in control.
- When we must endure the consequences of bad decisions, hope fuels our recovery.
- When we find ourselves unemployed, hope tells us we still have a future.
- When we are forced to sit back and wait, hope gives us the patience to trust.
- When we feel rejected and abandoned, hope reminds us we're not alone...we'll make it.
- When we say our final farewell to someone we love, hope in the life beyond gets us through our grief.
-Charles R. Swindoll "Hope Again: When Life Hurts and Dreams Fade"