Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 188
| Posted 8/19/2007 7:45 PM (GMT -6)
Hello all, I am having a rough time of it lately. Not sure if it could be a med mix-up. I take Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, Trazadone daily. In the past two weeks i have injured my knee and will have surgery in a few weeks. I have also been suffering with a cold and bronchitis. Not sure if my feeling down and sleeping all day and night has anything to do with using my inhaler Albuterol and or Mucinex and or Vicks 44 cough syrup. Can anyone shed any light on my "molly grubs"????
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 617
| Posted 8/20/2007 9:14 PM (GMT -6)
I think your big problem is mixing the cold meds with the Trazadone. Trazadone is frequently used as a sedative, taken at bedtime to fall asleep easily. I take it myself for that very purpose. If any of your cold meds have anything like benedryl in them, that would be a big no-no. By the way, are you on any Prescribed pain medications that are narcotic in nature? That would be a very bad cocktail. My best advise is to call the closest 24hr pharmacy and review all the meds you are taking with the pharmacist. Don't wait at all. Medicine interactions can be deadly, even in seemingly small doses.
Let us know how things turn out. Feel better.
- On Disability for: Chronic Migraines, serious Back and Knee problems (will need surgery eventually), moderate Depression, Anxiety/Panic disorder, TMJ
- Divorced, 42, no children
- Surgeries: Gastric Bypass, Gallbladder Removed (followed by a week in the hospital for a Blood Clot), Kidney Stone Removed, Broken Ankle, Major Dental work(four molars pulled, multiple cavities, root canals)
- Current Meds: Lexapro, Klonopin, Wellbutrin, Stadol Nasal Spray, Lortab, Trazadone, Buspar, Nexium, Skelaxin, Tramadol, Phenergan, Chantix PROHIBITED FROM ALL NSAIDS
- Current Problem: Internal Bleeding, possible ulcer in location of Gastric Bypass
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
- Jimmy Buffett