• 40 years old
• Married at age 27
• 2 kids (19-adopted and 10-natural at age 30)
• Work Full Time since 19 no break time except vacations
• 13-Family issues resulting in physical and mental abuse
• Did well in school and played sports to disassociate
• 18-Car wreck resulting in broken pelvic bone, contusions, torn bladder, severe head trauma, learned how to walk again through PT
• Discharged from hospital after 3 weeks, very depressed, frequent headaches, self medicated with alcohol and ….. for next 7 years
• 25-Diagnosed officially with depression, Prozac
• 26-34- tried different AD’s (Effexor XR, Wellbutrin, Lexapro…)
• 35-Diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries prescribed Glucophage XR, Spirolactone, and Cymbalta
Now I am forty, I am worst than ever. At times I feel so overwhelmed and migraines have started. I work a full-time (40 hours), Monday-Friday. On the weekends, I lie in bed and watch TV.
I have a tenacious 10-year old daughter who needs her mom. I was always there for my older daughter doing things. I feel bad about
how I have not given the same amount time to my baby.
I feel sad like I want to cry all the time. I have absolutely no interest in doing anything, even grocery shopping. I want to sleep but can’t, just lay there and think about
what I should be doing. I have fatigue, anxiety and no energy. I feel so guilty for my husband and children. Lately at work I have a hard time concentrating, remembering things, or even dealing with situations.
I want the second half of my life to be a lot better!