My daughter developed an allergic reaction to coffee right after Christmas drinking some very expensive dark roast that was a gift. It happened again the next day with our normal blend. Tongue swelling, throat itching, sneezing, eyes watering... She had no problem giving up coffee.
She had three days of intense headaches and finally had a Coke for the caffeine. Headaches are gone and she drinks Coca Cola with her breakfast. She wants to wean herself off caffeine but is taking it one step at a time. She can't even go into a coffee shop anymore without needing an antihistamine. I feel so badly for her...
She developed the same reaction to chocolate last summer. Can't be in the bakery when I'm mixing chocolate cake. We have since determined that she is allergic to things that come from South America, latex, chocolate, coffee, potatoes and guinea pigs (LOL!) But she is allergic to lots of things so I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
Moderator for Fibromyalgia and Diabetes