ethics responsibility

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Jun 2017
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 6/30/2017 2:04 AM (GMT -6)   
After one month of arm pain from a potassium IV as to followup, I'm finding it necessary to seek consultation. My question is: do I return to the hospital where I believe the problem started, or do I see my own intern and have to pay $140 for the visit (they were not responsible party). What is the appropriate way to handle my pain complaint and get it checked out?

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 16381
   Posted 6/30/2017 9:54 AM (GMT -6)   
Hi Joyjoy, perhaps you can call the hospital & speak to someone there about the problem with your arm but I would be willing to bet they will tell you they will not treat you for free. Since this was an IV, many times people have problems with the IV infiltrating & end up with cellulitis, this is common.

If this were me, I would go to my private dr & let him see your arm. Take care.
Moderator in Chronic Pain & Psoriasis Forums
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, July 15, 2018 4:25 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,981,743 posts in 326,926 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161776 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Roses in January.
417 Guest(s), 12 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Froggy88, steve55777, countess18, Bohemond, Boston221, Doccal, Tudpock18, Pratoman, VinceInMT, psychlyme, fjdrill, iPoop