Dear mamanan (and everyone else) Have a peaceful, love packed holliday. Why we women and mothers and homemakers, abd caregivers put so much pressure on ourselves, particularly at Christmas, but through-out the year too, I don't understand. My tree has been up for two weeks. It has 1 string of lights, 2 Garlands and eight ornaments. The rest of the ornaments are sitting in a bowl in the middle of our dining room table and I look at that tree, which I went and cut, and drug home and decorated this far, and I smell that fir tree smell and admire the beauty of the plain tree itself. I am quite satisfied if it stays like this until New Years when I take it down. The tree is beautiful so dang hang the ornaments. If someone objects I'll point to the ornaments on the table and say "have at it people" I did my bit. The same with christmas baking, I will make a cake.That's it folks.Anyone elsewant to bake, great. I have a few presents, I need to pick up about three more, nothings wrapped. My Dad, even with Alzheimers, always was a great present wrapper, so I'll be giving that job to him. It's like Occupational Therapy.
When I hear you mamanan, saying your dh is going to get tired of you being ill, and sleeping a lot, kindly picture the scenario in reverse. What if it was he, who was laying in bed, in pain, how would you treat him. Would you get angry at him because he is sick? I think not. Why we twist ourselves into pretzels over the coulda, shoulda, woulda's, I don't know. I call it "going hunting" for trouble. (90%) of what we worry about never comes to pass. The other 10% I recognise as God's plan for us, lessons learned, etc. And always, when I feel lousy, I look around at my beautiful surrondings, my beautiful 1yr. plus puppy who is smarter than all get out, the 2.5 pure white cats living downstairs (they don't care for the dogs), my 12 or 13 year old loyal companion, very large rotty type dog who has lived and travelled with me everywhere, in all sorts of good and bad situations, the roof over my head, and I ask myself, what have I got to be dissatisified with?
There are these days that crop up every once in a while, sometimes they last longer but we only get 1 day at a time so let's no quibble about that, these days which I identify as "days to be gotten through". That's it. I do the absolute least I have to do, make sure everyone is fed and watered, make sure nobody is in worse shape than me, and I just "get through" them. All I have to do, besides the absolute basics, is survive that one day. Nothing to it. I sure hope you start feeling better and if you don't, please be kind and gentle with yourself as you would be with a loved one.
Hypothyroidism, Fibromyalgia, Facet Joint Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, menopause, Migraines, Chest Pain, Anxiety and Depression/BiPolar II
Synthyroid .075mg., estradiol.5 mgs., Amyltriptilene, 100mgs, bedtime, Tylenol 3 PRN (six-eight, daily), Valium 7.5mgs. daily prn. Flexeril, prn (not so helpful), Zoloft,150mgs., Zomig approx. 12 per month, prn., Meds for High Blood Pressure, vary.