I have a question about
fibro pain. I'm still waiting for my doctor to rule on my mystery ailment. I think it's a combo fibro/cfs and I've done a lot of reading but one thing that doesn't fit is this: the more I move and do exercise, the more I hurt.
Over the past few years, I've had:
- total ribcage inflammation for no apparent reason
- diagnosed with tmj years ago
- symptoms kinda depend. Seems like when I start hurting, the fatigue subsides and vice versa. It's really strange. It's almost like they alternate.
- i hurt a lot right under my shoulder blades, shoulders and neck. My knees and wrists will also act up. My hips are what hurt the most. The whole thing. The right more than the left. I can't be in the car for more than 30 minutes or so without it hurting (same with sitting).
- over the past few months I had so much trouble concentrating and being able to keep up that i had to take a semester off school.
- can't sleep well to save my life. I'm constantly exhausted no matter how little or how much I sleep. I used to have trouble staying asleep and now I can't fall asleep and when I do, I don't sleep well. I never go into that deep rem sleep.
- i have had more headaches in the past year than in my entire life. I never used to get headaches..maybe once a year and in the last year, i get 3 or 4 in a week.
- i have night sweats that i've never had before. I hate being cold more than ever (maybe that's just me getting older), I have IBS but i've had that for a long time. I've been losing my hair like crazy.
I know I'm forgetting some stuff but it's really late.
My doctor has done a full blood panel. I have 5 pages of labs that are all completely normal. He checked inflammation panel, cbc, calcium, thyroid, iron, who knows what else. Everything is stellar as he puts it and everything is smack dab in the normal range.
I'm going back to see him on Wednesday and I'm tired of being tired and feeling crappy and not knowing what this crap is. I'm getting seriously annoyed that he keeps asking me if I'm depressed and if I cry for no reason etc. I know what depression is, I've had it before and this is NOT it. I am not weepy, mopey, crying for nothing and not wanting to do anything. I want to do things, I am just physically unable. I keep telling him that it feels like someone is sucking the energy from me through my feet. That's the only way I can explain it. I am however getting bummed out that I have no answers here :(
So all this to say: I've read everywhere that exercise helps with fibro so if i hurt worse when i do things, does this mean I don't have fibro and that it's something else or does that statement just not hold true for everyone?
Post Edited (Marie76) : 3/2/2009 1:42:09 AM (GMT-7)