Welcome! And know so long as this forum exists, you'll be understood, or at the very least, empathized with. It's saved my sanity in just the few months I've been coming. :) *offers decaff low carb mocha frappe and hugs*
I've found that most ppl don't see me as being sick, I look tired, I look thin and God knows my skin and hair aren't as pretty as they once were, but most days I don't look as bad as I feel. <y husband says he can tell a good day from a bad by the way I walk, bouncy swish on a good day and 'the zombie shuffle' on bad.
I, too, sweat 90% of the time the other 10% I'm freezing with goosebumps (so sexy) I think my heat intollerance is from my meds, as before I started them I was freezing all the time. I keep something cold to drink at all times, even going so far as to get an insulated mug to take to bed with me, I also have a personal fan on my desk, pointed at my neck, with my heating pad in my recliner on my back, I've also lined my recliner with memory foam pillows, which helps my back pain, as they conform to my back, not my back trying to conform to the chair. On really bad days, I move the pillows to my bed or couch. I also try to soak in the tub once a day and it helps.
Unfortunately, I can't say everything that works for me will work for you, or someone else, this &%#$*& disease affects everyone differently and that means everyone will respond differently to treatments, but I hope something helps and you have many less painful days. LOL I never ask for a pain free day, just days with less pain.
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
FM, costocontritis, wide spread arthritis, fibroid tumors, PTSD, 2 heart attacks at 22, PID
Flexeril 30mg, Celexa 50mg, Despiramine 50mg, Acetometaphen 500mg, Calming Sleep herbal suppliment, ActivOn topical pain relief, Melatonin 300mg, B-complex, Diclofenac 75mg, tramadol 50mg