I'm new to the boards, but have spent some time searching the archives and thank everyone for the helpful information.
I've recently started Xyrem and I can't seem to find consistent detailed information on success/failure from many people.
I was hoping that in this thread, people would be willing the share the following details about their experience.
1) What side effects did you have and how long did they last?
2) How quickly did you begin to feel to relief in pain?
3) If you have achieved total relief from pain, how many months did that take, and what would you have rated your pain (1 - light, 10 - worst) before you started.
4) if you haven't achieved total relief, how far have you gotten in terms of a percentage reduction?
5) Were you working before you started Xyrem? If not, how soon were you able to go back to work (please specify FT or PT)?
6) Has anyone who has achieved total pain relief attempted to go off Xyrem, and if so, was your sleep still sound? Did your pain come back, and if so, how quickly? I ask because I've seen a couple of posts from people who said it seemed to reverse their insomnia permanently after stopping, but my Dr. told me he had a patient who fully recovered in six months, but relapsed after she stopped the meds.
I realize that's a lot to ask, but I would very much appreciate your time. I'm sure it will also end up being helpful to a lot of newbies googling like crazy trying to find these answers. Thanks!
Best of health to everyone,