Been here awhile mostly lurking, but I have some questions I'd like to ask.
I've read on here many times that "Fibro is not progressive" so don't worry about
things getting worse and worse. Well, I beg to differ on that topic. Below is my story.
1) Have had "fibro like" symptoms for about
two years now. It started with fatigue and constant back pain and has "progressed" now into my ankles, knees, elbows, and hips, etc.
2) PCP "diagnosed" fibro about
a year ago, but he's not really sure because I have no "trigger points..."
3) Lyrica worked so well for six weeks that I thought it was a wonder drug and that I was cured.
4) Lyrica no longer seems to do anything, but I'm trying various doses to see if this is so. (Yeah, I know there is withdrawal periods so that must influence my analysis)
5) Tramadol and Codeine are the only things that get me through the day now.
6) A recent new symptom is extreme nausea and extreme "flu-like" overall pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night.
7) Also, recently, my eyes burn and my face feels like it is sunburned, but this is mostly in the evening.
Anyway, my symptoms continue to worsen, so much so I'm having trouble typing this message as the joints in my fingers hurt and barely work. Also, the "tightness" in all my joints now affect the way I walk and I can no longer run even close to normal.
So, my question is about
others having a "progressiveness" experience with Fibro or should I be looking for another cause of all my issues. I will see a Rhume in about
10 days as the PCP is unsure of the fibro diagnosis now. ANA marker has been checked over and over and is not there.
Post Edited (TomBSCS) : 10/2/2014 6:42:40 AM (GMT-6)