He thinks I have IBS and Piles, surely not? He is the 2nd GI to tell me this and he is one of the best in the UK and a Profressor at a leading University.
I have my Colonoscopy tomorrow (Monday) and that will once and for all decide what is wrong as I have had every other procedure under the sun. The hope (God willing) is that my previous "Non Specific Inflammation" has disappeared and the problem is piles and IBS.
My symptoms are pretty clear now.
1. Regular diarrhoea - some soft stools, some watery - going about 3-5 times a day. I can't tell whether it's IBS or Inflammation.
2. Regular bright red blood but not a lot of it, sometimes in the pan, sometimes on tissue, sometimes nothing at all - usually at the end of the bowel movement or on straining - can't tell whether it's Inflammation or Piles that causes it.
3. However, I feel totally fine, no pain, no other symptoms and lead a normal life and if I go out I don't look for the toilet at all and have no problems waiting to go to the toilet - although the morning one is urgent but only if I decided to get out of bed, I don't need to wake up to go!
3. I guess the Asacol (6 a day) has stopped working for some reason or the diarrhoea means they aren't being obsorbed properly hence the inflammation. It's a shame because the diarrhoea started after treatment for a Stomach Ulcer using Omeprazole - that gave me such bad diarrhoea and it's continued. The chronic diarrhoea has brought my piles back, or it has ensured my Asacol aren't obsorbed.
4. Back to square one I guess - I just want the diarrhoea and blood to stop like everybody else.
Diagnosis: Oct 07 - Non Specific Colitis (possible UC or Chrohn's but biopsy not confirmed by 2 seperate GI's) (Mild inflammation on Rectum, Plus some patchy inflammation on Right side of Colon).
Medication Still taking: 800mg Mesalazine (Asacol) 3 times a day appear to have stopped working.
Symptoms: Jun 08 - Bleeding returns with diarrhoea after taking meds for stomach ulcer. Sigmoidoscopy in June rules out rectal inflammation, Colonoscopy planned for August. (Doctor hinting it's Piles and IBS). No pain, no other symptoms.
Procedures: 2x Sigmoidoscopy result - all slight non specific inflammation non IBD. 1x Colonoscopy result - mild non specific inflammation on right hand side - IBD not confirmed. 1x OGD result - small ulcer. Barium MRI of stomach and small bowel result - all normal.