Posted 5/23/2010 9:33 PM (GMT -6)
I am in the final stages of exams before my subtotal colectomy will be confirmed a scheduled.
I have completed a sitz marker test (failed), small bowel transit test, camera capsule, ct scan, mult blood tests, anorectal neurology exam, colonoscopy, and upper gi exam. Sitz marker showed markers spread out in large intestines. I have to complete the defectory and anorectal manometry exams in the next 2 wks, however surgeon says to prepare myself for surgery.
Here are my questions and concerns:
- open or lapro?
- electrolite issue afterwards?
- how many inches of large intestines should I keep?
- how common is gallbadder an issue?
- how much weight is usually initially lost after surgery?
- when should I expect to be active again/exercise
I'd appreciate any and all experiences, suggestions, and advice. I expect to have surgery in June 2010. Thank you!