Do you have blood in your stools right now or on a regular basis?
The home course isn't just "calming tapes" just fyi, but an important process.
"Hypnotherapy Benefits Last at Least Five Years. Gut. 2003 Nov;52(11):1623-9.
204 patients prospectively completed questionnaires scoring symptoms, quality of life, anxiety, and depression before, immediately after, and up to six years following hypnotherapy. All subjects also subjectively assessed the effects of hypnotherapy retrospectively. 71% of patients initially responded to therapy. Of these, 81% maintained their improvement over time while the majority of the remaining 19% claimed that deterioration of symptoms had only been slight. With respect to symptom scores, all items at follow up were significantly improved on pre-hypnotherapy levels."
Again I understand the pain, mine are somewhat like migranes in my gut. Going on for almost 39 years now. But I have found relief and the have been 85 percent better for six years, then had a set back and doing somewhat better again although I do get set backs. To me there is always something new to try or I haven't tried before, especially as new research comes outs. They put me on a new drug recenlty at a low dose that also helped.
I went from four pain attacks a week to 3 in a year. Also if I get them now I can make them go away faster.
Our psychological wellbeing greatly effects pain and symptoms.
I am not sure what to tell you if they won't prescibe them to you.
There are some people I need to talk to and get back to you on all this.
I am not a doctor. All information I present is for educational purposes only and should not be subsituted for the advise of a qualified health care provider.
Please make sure you have your symptoms diagnosed by a medical practitioner or a doctor.