I would think a low residue diet would help when this is happening to those with their gall bladders. You want foods to zip thru your colon causing very little irritation as they travel thru. What would these foods be?
- white rice
- cottage cheese
- instant mashed potatoes (instead of ones from scratch)
- white bread, bagels, english muffins
- plain cereals such as cheerios, corn flakes, special K
- plain roasted chicken or turkey
- white fish
- plain yogurt
Avoid, whole wheat products, fresh produce such as berries, peaches, corn, etc.
- Rectal CA 4/29/99, Stage I, 90% sigmoid/15" of colon/GB removed, temporary colostomy, reversed 6-26-99
- Chronic IBS/D symptoms, multiple bm's, on low residue diet
- Colace 50 mg, twice daily + Probiotic: Renew Life/Ultimate Flora/50 Billion count, twice daily + Cholestyramine 1 T daily