Sounds like it could be possible tapeworm segments that dry and break off, resembling rice or sesame seeds.
Do you have cats or dogs...or fleas in your area?
Here are the signs and symptoms to be aware of, and if you've not seen your doctor and been specifically tested for this possibility, it would be a good thing to rule out
What are the signs and symptoms of tapeworm infection?
A symptom is something the patient feels and reports, while a sign is something other people, including a doctor or nurse may detect. For example, pain may be a symptom while a rash may be a sign.
It is not uncommon for an infected person to have no apparent signs and symptoms. Even if symptoms are present, they may be so mild that many people believe they are caused by something else.
If signs or symptoms are present, they may include the following (may vary depending on the type of tapeworm):
- Eggs, larvae or segments from the tapeworm in stools. The segments will contain tapeworm eggs.
- Abdominal pain. This may include epigastric pain - pain in the abdomen, just above the stomach.
- General weakness
- Inflammation of the intestine (enteritis), which often causes diarrhea as well.
- Weight loss
- Altered appetite - sometimes there may be a loss of appetite. Hosts with the pork tapeworm may experience a rise in appetite.
- Sleeping difficulties
- Malnutrition - because the tapeworm is grabbing an important proportion of essential nutrients.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency - this is very rare and only among hosts infected with Diphyllobothrium latum (fish tapeworm).
"Courage is not the abscence of fear, it is feeling afraid and doing it anyway!"
"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles...it empties today of its strength."
Corrie Ten Boom
Panic Syndrome recovery due to CBT
Post Edited (Scaredy Cat) : 5/15/2015 12:38:27 PM (GMT-6)