Why do you say avoid General Anestesia?
Just had my 2 external friends removed yesterday. They were with me for a year, and I finally had it.
1. do not do General Anesthesia, instead ask for an Epideral coupled with Versed.
2. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TAKE THE PERCOSET! It will back you up and when your body finally decides to let it out, it will tear you up. Instead, go for 2 pills of Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Release 500mg every 6 hours. It does the same thing without the constipation.
3. Take Sitz bath with RiteAid Brand SPEARMINT Epsom Salts whenever you feel pain, it has a Menthol cooling effect and it is freaking awesome.
4. Drink lots of Diet Arizona Iced Tea, I am doing a Gallon and a half a day to keep hydrated.
5. eat chicken soup for the first 3 days at least, nothing solid. if it goes in solid, guess what, it will come out solid.
6. TAKE THE STOOL SOFTENERS!
So Its been 18 days since the surgery. Almost fully healed up. I have been eating regular food with the stool softeners for about 6 days now. Once you get over the initial 4 days it starts to get better fast. Good luck!