I so understand you all and the incredible misery that is involved with IBS...
Just the anxiety that is involved, never knowing if you are in a public place and
your stomach starts cramping....
I wanted to write this to tell you all some things that has greatly helped me and I do know the difference when I go off of them..
The first natural supplement that I found in my health food store has helped me so much, if I take it daily, no flare ups!!! If I forget or get alittle smug and think that I dont need it, it isnt long and I am running to the nearest bathroom.]
I take 8-10 drops in a small glass of cold juice and down it very quickly.. Why?
It tastes nasty!! but if you take it daily, you get used to the taste.
Another thing that I have used on a daily basis is a fiber supplement...
For me it is Physillum Husks.....for some tho that may not be the right
one.. becuase if you are not use to extra fiber, you will get bloated quickly.
Take it slowly and build up... but use something daily and drink LOTS and LOTs
of water thru out the day. 64 ozs is good...or more.
Thirdly, I have changed my diet alot.. I found with my IBS that it didnt always
be a certain food that triggered me. One day I would eat XXX and be alright,
maybe a few days later eat XXX again and wind up in the bathroom!!
The Makers Diet by Jordan Rubin has helped to change many of the bad
experiences into nornal again.... Why his plan? He suffered horribly with Chrone's
disease and almost died, yet an herbal doctor gave him a plan that brought him back to full life and wellness.
He recommends eating lots of dark leafy green veggies....I dont know about
you all but I am lazy about
chewing all of that... So I take my Vita Mix machine and I make a strong Green drink about
32 oz to drink daily..... using Spinach, kale, Parsley, lemon, apples and Strawberries and a bit of orange juice. I do use other combinations as well..
This disease is horrible and it requires sometimes radical changes.. I trully understand pain and misery that is associated with diseases. As I have suffered with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, IBS, OsteoArthritis and Migranes.... and I have realized that there is a root cause of illnesses.. Research Acid verses Alkaline and you will see what i mean.
Blessings to all, and I hope that this will help some one out there.
4. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permited (including signatures).
- Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners.
- If you are a web site owner and have a link that fits into this category that you want to share, please submit it to our resource directory and we will review your submission.
- Posts and links about fundraising (including nonprofit fundraisers) are NOT permitted.
- Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles.
- Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc.
Post Edited By Moderator (dbab) : 7/11/2006 2:40:03 PM (GMT-6)